Ingredients (2 servings)
|Country sourdough bread
|Fresh ricotta cheese
|4 to 5 tbsp
|Salt and coarse black pepper
|Extra virgin olive oil
Note: "tsp" stands for teaspoon, and "tbsp" stands for tablespoon.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover the eggs (about 3 inches). Heat the water to a gentle simmer.
- Toast two slices of bread on artisan bread mode for 3 minutes.
- While the bread is toasting, scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a small bowl. Squeeze in the lemon and mash with a fork. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the white vinegar to the water in the saucepan. Crack the egg into a small dish and gently drop it into the simmering water. Poach about 4 minutes or until ready.
- To assemble the toast, spread half of the avocado mixture on each piece of toast, add a layer of fresh ricotta, and place a poached egg on top.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle olive oil. Quickly sauté the cherry tomatoes with thyme and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the avocado toast.